WHO CAN BE A FRANCISCAN FRIAR?
A Candidate for our way of life is:
- Between 21 and 45 years of age.
- A citizen or legal permanent resident in the U.S.
- In good physical and mental health.
- A practicing Roman Catholic for two years.
- Committed to living the vows of celibate chastity, poverty and obedience.
- Is single and free of significant financial
and family obligations.
- A high school graduate.
- Is willing to learn the Franciscan way of life for the 21st century
- Has a desire to serve Jesus Christ in a committed way.
- Prayerful with a desire to mature in the spiritual life.
- Able to live and serve joyfully in fraternal communities.
- Able to compassionately serve the poor, the vulnerable
and those different from ourselves.